Convox is an easy way to deploy dockerized applications to AWS
- Sign up for Convox, Install a Rack and Convox CLI.
- In your botmetrics directory issue the following commands:
convox apps create to create an application called botmetrics
convox services create postgres && convox services create redis this will provision a Postgres and Redis Service on AWS (Go get a coffee.)
- Once convox has finished creating the app you can start you first deploy with
- Set the environment variables for Redis and Postgres
convox services will list the names of the postgres and redis service instances.
convox service info <service name> will provide the URL for each service.
convox env set REDIS_URL=<url_from_redis_service> and
convox env set DATABASE_URL=<url_from_redis_service>
- Note the final release ID
- After convox deploy from step 5 has finished promote the release with the ENV variables with
convox releases promote <release_id>
- Setup your database for the first time with
convox run web rake db:structure:load db:seed
- Get the public URL for your app with
convox apps info it's the one that's on
- Browse to the URL and Enjoy!